alison griffiths articles
Uncle Sam Wants You!
Uncle Sam wants an annual report from Snowbirds and the American born
Your taxes are well behind you for another year, right? Maybe not! For tens of thousands of Americans living here not to mention Canadian snowbirds, Uncle Sam wants you --- to get in...
Consumer power of one
You have tremendous power as a consumer when you use spending as leverage.
Gasoline prices recently hit $4.93 a gallon for regular in Los Angeles and the average price for regular gas in the US was $3.88 on April 20. But, while Republicans are trying to pin...
Last minute tax tips
Pay yourself first by double-checking all your tax deductions and credits.
There’s a very good reason why death and taxes often occupy the same sentence. Neither is appealing to contemplate. While death can sometimes be delayed there’s no...
Wealth will be in your future just by increasing savings by a small percentage annually.
Is your savings plan a one step forward- two steps back exercise? Do you make tons of excellent resolutions, only to do a financial face plant when temptation...
How to avoid the RRSP deadline
Don’t wait until your financial ship comes in. Save for retirement monthly to achieve the most secure nest egg.
You did it again. You went down to the RRSP wire, raided the kids’ piggy banks, maybe leaned on your line of credit or...
- Uncle Sam Wants You!
- Consumer power of one
- Last minute tax tips
- Superhero 1%
- How to avoid the RRSP deadline
- Should you contribute to an RRSP?
- Count On Yourself
- Family Loan
- Pruning your electrical bill
- Stock Market Bear Protection
See more articles?
- 7 Drawbacks of working at home
- Mum's Envelope
- Rule of Threes
- Global Investing without leaving North America
- Parents! Tips and tools to teach your kids about money
- Can you be a millionaire by 65?
- Financial lives of Girls and Women
- Spend no money for this seasonal joy
- Family loans
- Save up for Xmas
- Personal Tax Tips
- Pay cheque to pay cheque
- RESPs = free money
- Rules of thumb
- Credit scores
- Date on a dime
- Great idea into a great business
- New Grads
- Financial Paralysis
- Contest Queen
- Rule of twos
- Home buyer costs
- Don't be afraid of the big bad tax man or woman.
- Do your own taxes
- Rules for self-employment
- New mortgage rules
- Self-employed mortgage woes
- Borrowing to contribute to RRSP
- The R mantra - Regift.
- Cross border bargains...
- Warranty gold
- Benefit from the loonie rise
- Forget the February RRSP deadline.
- Can I afford my house?
- Ease college and university students into independence
- Eliminate Back to School Shopping Stress
- Drink no wine before it’s time
- Living on a baby budget